Coaching in your school
This 3 day training course is designed for two participants from a school to attend. This enables them to act as co-coaches within their school. It is then followed by a days consultancy support per participant.
Day 1 – Better understanding the quality of teaching and learning
- Understanding what coaching is and is not.
- Developing meaningful indicators to improve consistency of those evaluating and coaching in the school.
Day 2 – Learning to be a coach
- Learning the skills needed to coach colleagues more effectively
- Applying the skills in a "helping interview".
Day 3 – Evaluating the teaching in a coaching school.
- Considering how coaching can be used within lesson observations, interviews with planning and pupils' work to improve teaching across the school.
- Using coaching outcomes to evaluate the quality of teaching.
Day 4 - Consultancy in your own school
- The content of this day will depend on the main role of the participant within their own school, either as coach to improve the quality of teaching or leader to evaluate the quality of teaching.
NB: Consultancy dates will be confirmed upon receipt of your booking and deposit. Terms and conditions of booking will be issued upon your enquiry.
An excellent course, thank you. I learnt an awful lot about teachers, teaching and myself - so much to take in! I feel confident to go into school and put the techniques into practice.Alison Field, Sheepy Magna CE Primary
Great not to be patronised. Good to be able to explore own strengths. Good to limit anecdotes from colleagues and keep focused. No power point - Whoopee! BEST INSETTeacher, Wreake Valley, Leics